Click the game above BEFORE starting to learn more about the lesson for this week and see how many points you get!!!
Tips: Play it again AFTER completing the lesson and see how much you improve!!! Have Fun 🙂
Silk was greatly valued and often used as currency or money. A man’s salary would be a certain length of silk per year. Silk garments were worn by Roman emperors, who called the Chinese Seres (Silk people). The clothes are beautiful, light and comfortable, being cool in summer and warm in winter.
Page 12 第 十 二 页
Paragraph 3 第三 段
Click “play” icon to listen to the Chinese Translation!!!Enjoy~~~
Silk (丝sī ) was greatly valued (价值 jià zhí) and often (常常cháng cháng) used as currency or money ( 钱qián) . A man’s (一 个 人 的 yī gè rén de) salary (薪水 xīng shuǐ) would be a certain length of silk 丝 per year (年 nián). Silk 丝 garments (衣 yī) were worn (穿 chuān) by Roman emperors (皇帝 huáng dì ), who called the Chinese (中国人 zhōng guó rén) Seres (Silk people 丝人sī rén). The clothes 衣 are beautiful (美丽měi lì) , light (轻 qīng) and comfortable (舒服shū fú ) , being cool (凉快liáng kuài) in summer (夏天 xià tiān) and warm (暖 和nuǎn hè)in winter (冬天 dōng tiān).
Click “play” icon to listen to the Vocabulary!!!Enjoy~~~
1. Silk ＝ 丝sī
2. Valued ＝ 价值jià zhí
3. often ＝常常cháng cháng
4. currency (money) ＝ 钱 qián
5. salary ＝ 薪水xīng shuǐ
6. Silk people ＝ 丝人sī rén
7. Beautiful ＝美丽měi lì
8. comfortable ＝舒服shū fú
9. cool ＝ 凉快liáng kuài
10. warm ＝ 暖和nuǎn hè
Let’s practice AGAIN by the following breakdown sentences!!!
Make sure you click the “play” on the bottom left corner of the speaking avatar!!! Enjoy ~
1. 丝的价值变得愈来愈高,而且丝常常被当货币或钱来用. ＝ Silk was greatly valued and often used as currency or money.
2. 一个人一年的薪水可以, 以丝的长度来作单位 ＝ A man’s salary would be a certain length of silk per year.
3. 罗马的皇帝也穿丝御袍 并称中国人为丝人 ＝ Silk garments were worn by Roman emperors, who called the Chinese Seres (Silk people).
4. 因为丝衣服很轻又很舒服, 穿了夏天凉快,冬天暖和 ＝ The clothes are beautiful, light and comfortable, being cool in summer and warm in winter